Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Virtual Goods

After reading Chapter 7 in Engage, one thing that really stuck out to me was the act of virtual gifting. I guess I'm a lot  more behind on this social media stuff than I thought. I mean I've heard of E-cards but the idea of sending someone a virtual coke or flowers is awesome. So awesome, to me anyway, that I decided to put it to the test by sending my mom these "virtual flowers" talked about in the chapter and...she loved it! However, my mom is not the technology or computer type, so there is the slight possibility that we both are way out of the loop, but if so at least I'm not the only one.





I think from a business and PR standpoint, this is great. Convenience is a key factor in today's society. What's more convenient than taking 10 minutes tops and a few clicks to make someones day with virtual flowers or gifts? For the many procrastinators such as myself, this is an extremely useful tool for those last minute gifts for a birthday. Not only is it helpful in that way, but it makes the consumer take the time to look through the company's products in order to choose the right one for their occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment