Sunday, February 6, 2011

Groundswell Part 1

I found the first part of Groundswell to be a great learning tool for social media. If i had to classify myself I would definitely say I am a Spectator. I have never really shared my own thoughts and opinions about things or causes that interest me, but I do find myself taking a decent amount time to see what others are talking about. The fact is that social media of all kinds have allowed anyone and everyone to speak their mind about anything and everything. That kind of power is something that can highly benefit a company or organization. Social media allows consumers to easily speak their minds about a service or product. It also allows that company or organization to keep a close eye on their targets in order to better serve the consumer and themselves. 









In order to fully optimize the power of social media such as twitter, facebook, and forums, you must be aware of the rapid pace in which these technologies change everyday. Also you must be able to fully understand how it works. Without at least a basic knowledge of the media source or outlet you will not be able to use to to your full advantage. Another major question you need to ask yourself is, who are you? What do I hope to get out of this? Or who am I trying to reach? The answers to these questions hold the key to what is the Groundswell. Which is basically cutting out the middle man. Once people realized that the want and need to be proactive was a common goal to others as much as to them, they began sharing and acquiring information directly from others who share the same interests and aspirations. And with that, the groundswell will continue to flourish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment